Industry Expert with 20 years of Commercial Developement Experience.
- 15 years at Juniper Networks (Principal/Distinguished Engineer).
- 10 years with the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
- 2 years at NetScreen Technologies (Juniper acquired NetScreen).
- 2 years at OneSecure (NetScreen acquired OneSecure).
Hands-on Architect on 4 Successful Commercial NMS/EMS Products.
- OneSecure's Intrusion, Detection, and Prevention (IDP) Manager
- NetScreen's Network and Security Manager (NSM)
- Juniper's JUNOS Space
- Juniper's Cloud Service Orchestration (CSO) Platform
Specialties and Skills
- Network Management, Network Security
- Secure Zero Touch Provisioning, Cryptography
- YANG, NETCONF, RESTCONF, SSH, TLS, HTTP, Syslog
- X.509, CMS, ASN.1, XSD, XML, JSON, Markdown
- Python, C/C++, UNIX Shell Scripting
- Ansible, Pip, Git, Subversion, Pytest, Docker
- Computer Graphics (both 2D and 3D)
Author of Many IETF RFC (Internet Standard) Specifications.
- RFC ????: Conveying a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in a Secure Zero Touch
Provisioning (SZTP) Bootstrapping Request
- RFC ????: An HTTPS-based Transport for Configured Subscriptions
- RFC ????: RESTCONF Client and Server Models
- RFC ????: NETCONF Client and Server Models
- RFC ????: YANG Groupings for HTTP Clients and HTTP Servers
- RFC ????: YANG Groupings for TLS Clients and TLS Servers
- RFC ????: YANG Groupings for SSH Clients and SSH Servers
- RFC ????: YANG Groupings for TCP Clients and TCP Servers
- RFC ????: YANG Data Model for a Keystore
- RFC ????: YANG Data Model for a Truststore
- RFC ????: YANG Data Types and Groupinps for Cryptography
- RFC 8792: Handling Long Lines in Artwork in Internet-Drafts and RFCs
- RFC 8791: YANG Data Structure Extensions
- RFC 8572: Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP)
- RFC 8527: RESTCONF Extensions to Support the Network Management Datastore Architecture
- RFC 8526: NETCONF Extensions to Support the Network Management Datastore Architecture
- RFC 8525: YANG Library
- RFC 8366: A Voucher Artifact for Bootstrapping Protocols
- RFC 8342: Network Management Datastore Architecture (NMDA)
- RFC 8071: NETCONF Call Home and RESTCONF Call Home
- RFC 8072: YANG Patch Media Type
- RFC 8040: RESTCONF Protocol
- RFC 7895: YANG Module Library
Awarded Numerous Software Patents.
- US 16/234,379: Secure Remote Bootstrapping of Network Device
- US 10,027,535: Systems and Methods for Managing Device Configurations at Various Levels of Abstraction
- US 9,600,302: Using Public Key Infrastructure for Automatic Device Configuration
- US 9,253,034: An Approach to Rapidly Deploy and Manage Large Number of Devices with Similar Network Configuration
- US 8,954,732: Authenticating Third-Party Programs for Platforms
- US 8,798,071: Selective Routing to Geographically Distributed Network Centers for Purposes of Power Control and Environmental Impact
- US 8,769,129: Server Initiated Secure Network Connection
- US 8,429,403: Systems and Methods for Provisioning Network Devices
- US 8,259,586: Routing Network Packets based on Electrical Power Procurement Arrangements
- US 8,156,213; Merging Network Device Configuration Schemas
- US 8,078,707: Hierarchical Domains
- US 8,060,592: Selectively Updating Network Devices by a Network Management Application
Currently Active Engagements
- Co-chair of the IETF NETCONF Working Group
- Co-chair of the IETF NETMOD Working Group
- Contributor in both the NETCONF and NETMOD working groups.